If you are planning a French Riviera yacht charter but would prefer to escape the crowds of the Côte d’Azur then Porquerolles is the place to go. With its absolutely unique landscapes, idyllic sandy beaches and protected natural ecosystem, the island of Porquerolles attracts thousands of visitors every year. The island is a true heaven for nature lovers just a few nautical miles away from the glitzy Côte d’Azur. Porquerolles is particularly busy in the summer with hundreds of day trippers from the mainland. But in the evening, the island turns into a peaceful paradise for the privileged few who moor their boats in quiet coves or have the chance to stay in one of the island's hotels. Enjoy a Porquerolles yacht charter itinerary, relax and forget time in this unspoiled paradise!
A bit of geography
And just a bit of history…
Exploration from the sea
Getting around on land
If you would like to dine ashore, we strongly recommend Le Mas du Langoustier. Nestled in a pine forest, this is the oldest hotel on the island and the situation overlooking a bay is absolutely gorgeous. The restaurant La Pinède serves good traditional Mediterranean cuisine. Located in the village, Le Pelagos and La Villa Sainte-Anne are good alternatives.
- Relaxing on Plage Notre Dame, awarded most beautiful beach in Europe in 2015
- Admiring contemporary art at the prestigious Fondation Carmignac
- Hiring a bike from Le Cycle Porquerollais to explore the island
- Tasting local wine at the family-run vineyards Domaine de l’Ile or Domaine Perzinsky
- Visiting the 16th century Fort Sainte-Agathe and its archaeological museum
- Trying the lavender and jasmine ice creams from Coco Frio